Wednesday, January 5, 2011

happy new year!

I hope 2011 is off to a great start for everyone! Did you put all the decorations away yet?

One of my clients is keeping the holiday spirit going a little longer by sending out a happy new year card to all their business associates. For years now, Peterson Sullivan has avoided the traditional "season's greetings" card and instead sends out their best wishes in the new year. This a great marketing strategy since it avoids getting lost in the piles of holiday cards and instead kicks off the new year on a great note.

After showing Peterson Sullivan several concepts, I designed a horizontal card to fit in a standard #10 envelope (yes, I've done a lot of those lately!). Ideally, I would create custom art for all of my clients' projects but often, due to time and budget constraints, we end up including some stock imagery instead.

The card uses stock illustration for the snowy landscape and I then added red and green ornaments, with the largest ornament including the Peterson Sullivan logo.

I typeset the message on the inside of the card to follow the rolling hills, using different fonts and colors for the list of adjectives. To keep the printing costs down, I designed the envelope to be two-color (black and green) and repeated the tree image faintly in the background for continuity.

So here's to a healthy, happy, prosperous 2011 for all of you!

1 comment:

  1. These are just stunning and truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing! //Stina

    ReplyDelete