Wednesday, September 19, 2012

what's for dinner?

It's barely starting to feel like fall but I've been thinking about Thanksgiving dinner for months! Not because I'm an avid cook (far from it!) but because I've been working on the holiday line-up for Harry's Fresh Foods.

Harry's needed a brochure that presented their food service holiday line-up in one easy-to-read brochure that's packed with information and appetite appeal as well as order form.

So I designed the brochure to look like a restaurant menu, complete with linen fabric texture and Harry's signature illustration used as a subtle background throughout.

 

As the main font, I chose Carolyna Pro Black, which has the elegance of a script mixed with the ligatures and flourishes of custom calligraphy.


I blended the plate shots with the background in Photoshop, creating soft vignettes that added to the festive holiday feel.


And just to show you what a departure this holiday menu is from the standard product sheets I designed for Harry's, here's a quick comparison:


I'd say let the holidays begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment