Tuesday, July 17, 2012

one more for my shelf

Last week I practically tripped over a super heavy box delivered to my door step. After hauling it inside and wondering what I might have purchased online that slipped my mind, I discovered it was a winner's trophy from the Summit Awards for the design of my day planner!
This is the fourth year that my collaboration with printer and paper companies has resulted in winning a design award, and every year I've been honored and thrilled to receive this symbol of recognition.

This time the award was for the 2012 day planner I designed. Instead of creating a series of illustrations in my usual style, I decided to use my photography and enhance it with thematic doodles, if you will.  

The French fold cover was printed on kraft-colored stock with a double hit of white ink while the rest of the pages were bright white paper. The monthly tabs provided functionality as well as a punch of color.
The planner was well received among my clients last December, and I personally love using it every day! Believe it or not, it's already time to start working on the next one...

Collaborators:
Brown PrintingNeenah PaperWCP Solutions

2 comments:

  1. I received this calendar from one of my coworkers end of last year and I LOVE it!! I've been google searching where to find the 2014 edition! Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercedes, I'm so glad you've enjoyed the calendar! Unfortunately, I won't be producing a calendar this year... I might do it again next year if there's a lot of demand for it but I know that doesn't help you any this year :(

    ReplyDelete