Tuesday, May 24, 2011

russell + hazel goodness

I generally am not envious of the various annual conferences my hubby has to attend every year. So when his travels took him to Minneapolis last week, I thought "better him than me!" But when he returned filled with excitement about an über-cool store he and some colleagues visited after the daily workshops had wrapped up, I must admit I felt a tinge of jealousy.

You see, he didn't just visit any old store, he visited the mecca of well-designed desk accessories: Russell + Hazel. You may have seen their binders, planners, note book and pads on the shelves of big retailers like The Container Store. I first encountered R+H online about four years ago and I was so impressed, I promptly ordered some supplies that I use to this day.

"So," I asked full of anticipation, "what was it like? How were things displayed? Did they have an oh-so-cool studio? Show me, show me!"

Well, hubby didn't think to snap any pix but he did bring me back a stash of goodies that more than makes up for the lack of store visuals.

I'm now the proud new owner of a spiral bound note book, presentation folder, note pad and two small daily planner pads.

Everything is so well-designed, all the details well thought out, right down to the cool little envelope that holds the receipt!

And I'm inspired by their innovative tabloid-sized product catalog! Rather than follow traditional catalog design, R+H broke all the stereotypes: theirs is oversized, folded as opposed to stapled, multiple signatures (4-pagers), and printed on uncoated paper that still reproduces rich color and fine detail.


These are so beautiful that I'm seriously considering hanging them on my office wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment